Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ready to Walk on Water in Guatemala!

I have been waiting and waiting to tell you all the amazing things that God has been doing over the past two months!

I have appreciated so many of you that have been praying for me and asking God to give very clear direction as to serving in Guatemala. I have asked for very specific things to take place over the past year and I am completely blown away by how God has answered my prayers. There are still some things in the works, mainly funding, but I know that He who has called will provide ALL our needs.

After serving in Guatemala over the summer and knowing that God was asking me to come back and serve full time, and giving Him a resounding “YES!”…. SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!
Kiel and Carolyn Twietmeyer, whom I worked with in Guatemala, have continued to expand on the vision of helping HIV+ moms, special needs orphans (even grown up ones) and keeping vulnerable families intact whenever possible. Grace and I have the privilege of serving with Kiel and Carolyn, Dr. Jacabo “Jaco” (or “Taco”, as Grace likes to endearingly call him) and his wonderful wife Sandy; on Project Hopeful’s Walk on Water Initiative team in Guatemala!


It is nothing short of miraculous how things have come together and the “team” is already working to fulfill this vision. Jaco and Sandy have already begun serving in local villages around Antigua, meeting basic medical needs and building relationships. This is a huge part of the Walk on Water Initiative as we reach people right where they are at, meeting needs, enabling them to thrive and live with HOPE.
I LOVE THIS:

FAITH STATEMENT: We are committed to bringing everyone we encounter to the knowledge of their true identity in the ONE that calls us out upon the water. We will make Him known through the reality of the cross and the unconditional love, grace, healing and hope it brings. We will love and serve as equals, restoring dignity through humility and loving through long term relationships with the people and communities we serve. GRACE will abound in all we set our hands and hearts to.

How awesome is that? I have seen this statement of faith lived out first hand in the lives of the team. It is not just a bunch of flowery words. This is get in, get your hands dirty, look at others as your equal and do whatever it takes to love them deeply kind of stuff. Showing God’s love in tangible ways. It is what this is ALL about.
As I am talking with Carolyn and getting a better picture of what exactly my role will be, I am also completely aware that as in all things “ministry”, things can and will change without notice! So far the plan is for me to take up teaching/homeschooling the missionary kids again, which I am really looking forward to. Grace and I miss our Twiets like crazy! ;) I have also been asked to help oversee the Hope+ aspect of the ministry. These women have suffered years of severe abuse and are wanting to get out of the cycle that they and their families have been in, for often, many generations. I will be working with these precious moms and their kiddos as they learn basic life skills and how to support their families without having to rely on prostitution just to have food from day to day. As a single parent, I have an opportunity to come alongside these ladies and model parenting with the unique challenges that “going it alone” brings and how important community is to the single mamma.
I want to invite you to check out the Walk on Water Initiative on the Project Hopeful Website at http://www.projecthopeful.org/walk-on-water-initiative

I would also love for you to come alongside and partner with us. We need support in order to make the big move to Guatemala. With plans on leaving in just 3 short months it is urgent to have finances in order very soon. Besides month to month expenses, we will have to furnish a rental home, purchase a vehicle as well as medical insurance. WHEW! It honestly feels VERY OVERWHELMING, but I know that God will provide. Please prayerfully consider being the answer to our prayers and walking on water with us! You can give tax deductible donations securely online at http://www.projecthopeful.org/walk-on-water-initiative/guatemala-carol-wright-support

Thank You! I look forward to sharing with you ALL the things that God is doing through the Walk on Water Initiative!



Photos Courtesy of:
Dr. Jaco
Ethan Twietmeyer
Appollocity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment